Visit the Museum
Inspiring Creative Play and Learning
Discovery Gateway offers more than 60,000 square feet of interactive, hands-on fun. Explore our engaging workshops, programs, and exhibits that invite the whole family to create, learn, and play together!
Discovery Gateway is located at 444 West 100 South at The Gateway in downtown Salt Lake City, just West of the intersection at 400 West and 100 South.
The most direct and secure parking for Discovery Gateway is in the NORTH GARAGE at The Gateway. Park toward the south end of the garage and enter the elevator lobby in the southwest corner. Park on level +2 for direct access to Museum entrance. Or if parking on other levels, press +2 in the elevator to get to the Museum entrance. The first hour of parking is FREE. Parking validations may be purchased at Admissions Desk or Information Desk for $1, and they cover up to 3 hours.
- Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult, age 18 or older.
- Guests 18 years or older (who are not accompanied by a child) must leave photo ID.
- No food, gum or beverages are permitted in the Museum.
- Photo Policy: By entering this public facility you are agreeing to let Discovery Gateway and all news media organizations use your photograph and/or likeness for any news or promotional purpose. No compensation will be given for the use of the photographs taken at Discovery Gateway.
- Weapons Policy: As posted at the entrances to the Museum, for the safety of our children, no weapons (including concealed or open carry) are allowed in the Museum. The Museum is committed to maintaining a safe and secure environment. This policy is a proactive step towards reducing risks associated with intentional or accidental use of weapons regardless of whether a federal or state license to possess the same has been issued to the possessor. Anyone possessing a weapon or dangerous object of any kind will be asked to remove it from the premises immediately. The only exceptions to this policy are law enforcement.
Discovery Gateway has “house rules” that all guests (children and adults) are asked to follow:
- Parents/caregivers must stay with their children at all times.
- Please play nicely with others and in the exhibits.
- Remember that cleanup is an important part of play, thanks for putting props back before moving to the next exhibit.
- Be safe! Use walking feet and keep your hands to yourself.
- No food, drink, or gum is allowed inside the museum, please enjoy snacks on the Helicopter Terrace or in the lower atrium.
- Have Fun!
Lost & Found: Discovery Gateway is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you think you lost something, call the Museum’s information desk at (801) 456-5437 x100. Items left unclaimed will be discarded after 30 days.
Discovery Gateway makes every effort to provide an unforgettable experience to all of our guests, regardless of ability. Below is some information to help plan your visit and resources we offer to our visitors.
Discovery Gateway and KultureCity have partnered to ensure all programs and events in the museum are sensory inclusive. This partnership will foster a more accommodating and positive experience for all guests with sensory issues visiting the museum. KultureCity is a non-profit organization with a mission to create acceptance and inclusion for all individuals with unique abilities.
Discovery Gateway entrances are accessible to wheelchairs and strollers. The elevators provide access to all floors and exhibits.
Quieter Museum Hours
If Discovery Gateway visitors need a bit quieter environment when visiting the museum, we recommend attending on Sundays and Mondays or on our Sensory Inclusive Afternoons every month.
Spanish Language Resources
Discovery Gateway’s goal is to provide educational signs in both English and Spanish throughout the museum. The team will add Spanish translation as new signs and content are created, so that the whole museum will have both languages accessible in the near future.
Discovery Gateway is ADA certified. The entire museum is wheelchair accessible, however not all exhibit are 100% wheelchair accessible.
Service Animals* – Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum complies with all ADA requirements and accepts service animals in the museum as defined by the ADA.
*Types of Service Animals may include, but are not limited to:
Mobility Aid Animal
Seizure Alert Animal
Hearing Alert Animal
Diabetes Alert Animal
Migraine Alert Animal
Narcolepsy Alert Animal
Seizure Response Animal
Psychiatric Service Animal
Emotional Support Animals** – Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum does not allow Emotional Support Animals (ESA) on site. Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals and, are not considered service animals under the ADA.
**Types of Emotional Support Animals may include, but are not limited to:
Animals to relieve loneliness
Animals to help with depression
Animals to help with anxiety
Animals to help with certain phobias
$10 Admission Per Person for All Families
All children and families are invited to this sensory-inclusive afternoon of play!
$4 per Student, Adult Chaperones are Free
Show Your Homeschool Affidavit at Admissions for Entry