Paper Bag Lungs
Sensory Activity - Fun for Everyone!
This time of the year we are all thinking about how to eat a little healthier. This activity is a great way to get kids to play with their food! By using veggies as a paintbrush and offering a variety of dipping sauces kids can be tempted to try out foods with new textures.
- Dipping sauces (ranch, salad dressing, salsa, guacamole, pesto, buffalo sauce, mustard, hummus, spaghetti sauce etc.)
- Veggies! (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cherry tomatoes, spinach, green beans, mushrooms etc.)
- Place sauces in small containers, cups, or arrayed on a plate like a paint tray
- Place a mixture of veggies for kids to experiment with
- Put out a tortilla to use as a canvas
- Make art! Which veggies make a good paintbrush? What can you paint?
- Optional-add veggies to the picture. What veggie shapes make good additions to the painting kids are working on?
- Clean up! Eat your masterpiece, and the brushes!
- Try painting a tortilla with fruit and sweet sauces like yogurt and jam
- Can you recreate a masterpiece? Kids looking for a challenge might enjoy making Van Gogh’s Starry Night