The Premier Children's Museum in Utah
“It is never too early to introduce your child to the transformative experiences museums offer. Instill in your child art, nature, and science at an early age and develop a curious mind for life.”
– Kathleen Bodenlos, Executive Director/CEO
Our Plan and Future
Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum is a non-profit organization. Download a copy of our tax-exempt return.
Discovery Gateway’s programs and exhibits are designed to address the many ways that children learn, as well as to help parents understand and support their children’s development. Our engaging and interactive activities inspire creative play and learning, and fun for the entire family.
Formerly The Children’s Museum of Utah, our organization was founded in 1978 by a group of parents, educators, and community leaders who believed that children learn the best through “doing.” In 2006, The Children’s Museum of Utah moved into our 60,000 square-foot, world-class facility and officially became Discovery Gateway children’s museum.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA)
We strive to ensure that our board, staff, and programming reflect our community’s diversity and seek to include partners from various communities to better represent our diverse city. We also recognize barriers that may prevent attendance and seek to create greater equitable access to the museum. We want to ensure that our culture feels welcoming and inclusive and endeavor to create community days and events that celebrate multicultural holidays and celebrations to engage new visitors.
DEIA Things We Do:
- Our Medallion Program allows us to reach various diverse communities through our partnership with other non-profit organizations. The information sent to our Medallion Partners to share with these families is bilingual.
- We offer a Summer Camp Scholarship Program for underserved families.
- Sensory Inclusive Afternoons are free every Monday with registration.
- Sensory Bags are available upon request and includes headphones, weighted lap pads, and fidget toys.
- We ensure that the museum is wheelchair accessible.
- We provide a Senior discount to all seniors with I.D.