We Take Play Seriously
Discovery Gateway STEAM-Guided Field Trips encourage students to discover, explore, and create with interactive, hands-on exhibits. Each exhibit features age-appropriate elements that tie into Utah’s core curriculum and SEED standards. Your students will learn about art, science, language, music, healthy lifestyles, careers, and more through interactive play in the museum.
Make Your Reservation
AVAILABILITY: Monday through Friday
The museum is closed to the public on Tuesday
COST: $6 PER STUDENT - Educators and Chaperones: FREE
Plan on at least 1 chaperone for every 5 students
LENGTH OF VISIT: 2 HOURS
Includes a 5 - 10 minute orientation
DISCOVERY WORKSHOPS: Select a 15 – 30 minute workshop to pair with your visit!
Workshop time is included in the length of the visit
For more information CLICK HERE.
Sponsored Field Trips
Public and Charter schools are eligible for free admission and potential reimbursement for transportation for qualified schools, thanks to Utah State Legislature Informal Science Education Enhancement funding and other generous sponsors. Sponsored field trips include an educational workshop in STEAM.
Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis
Field Trip Guidelines
- Minimum number of students: 15, ages 1+, (except special education groups)
If your group has fewer than 15 children, you can still receive the excellent discount by paying for a total of 15 children. Please remember that siblings and other children not in your class can still count toward the group total.
- Maximum number of students per time slot: 150
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Groups must arrive together.
- School groups are asked to schedule special programming (Additional Workshops) ahead of time with the Field Trip Coordinator if they are interested in participating, as these are normally reserved for our general visitors and often cannot accommodate larger groups.
- Please allow Discovery Gateway 10 business days to process your request.
- Your reservation is guaranteed only with a confirmation email.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 5-10 business days of your registration, contact us at 801-456-5437 X 122 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Groups
There is no minimum number of students required for special education groups. Please contact us about special visit times that will accommodate the needs of your students.
Bus Transportation Scholarships
We currently offer transportation scholarships to schools with a percentage of free and reduced lunch that exceeds the Title I thresholds. Transportation Scholarships help offset the cost of bussing depending on your distance from the museum. The application process opens May 1st every year and closes August 31st.
We require full payment upon arrival before your group is permitted to enter the Museum. We accept cash, credit cards, and personal checks. Purchase orders are not accepted. Please do not pay in advance. Your payment must match the total shown on the confirmation. Refunds will not be issued. If your payment does not equal the total charge, the head chaperone will be required to pay the outstanding balance. Discovery Gateway memberships do not apply toward field trip admissions.
Your group can book our lunch space for 30 minutes before or after your scheduled museum time at no additional cost. Space is provided on a first-come, first-served basis, and arrangements must be made when you book your field trip.