Make a Haunted House
Ages 2 and up
Here is a fun way to turn some recycling into a fun decoration! By making your own haunted house, you can customize it to be as scary or as silly as your child wants. If you have a lot of toilet paper rolls on hand, you can even make an entire fun Halloween Village. Happy Haunting!
- Leftover toilet paper roll
- Construction paper and/or paint
- Embellishments, such as spider webs, spider rings, glitter, sequins etc
- Glue black construction paper around the toilet paper roll or paint the outside of the roll black (hint: in order to make sure you will have enough black construction paper make sure to cut a strip 3x as wide as the width of the roll when it is standing up)
- Let the paper dry. Tip: you can wrap a rubber band around the paper to help it dry
- Next, make the roof. Cut a “c” shape out of a fun color of construction paper. The top of the rounded part should be about 6 inches tall, and the bottom should be about 5 inches long.
- Take one corner and bring it to the middle, then bring the other corner around it. Adjusting the cone until it makes a conical roof shape.
- Glue the edge of the cone paper so that it keeps its shape
- Place the cone on the toilet paper roll
- Cut out embellishments-doors and windows can be fun!
- Add glitter, fake spiders, spider webs or sequins! Make your house as fancy as you like (we added black m’s cut out of construction paper to look like bats!)
If you enjoy our Steam Learning Lab and would like to make a donation click here. Thank you for your support!